Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Stylist Diagnostic: The Newest Design Star.

Being a Design Star fan...and, obviously, a hopeful-to-be-contestant, I have closely followed Emily Henderson, winner of season 5. While I was underwhelmed by the overall talent for most of the season (usually thinking "umm I could do way better than that"), I actually think the final 3 really proved themselves by those last few challenges, and I have no problem jumping on the Emily as the winner train. She's quirky, dry witted, and good at what she does. This is me. Jumping on board.

So watching the sneak premiere of her new show, Secrets From A Stylist, I actually went in questioning her hosting abilities. Welp. Turns out. She's kinda a natural. She was witty, quirky, like-ably awkward and left this very critical eye stylistically satisfied.The breaking down of styles was quite genius and her clever names for these genres such as "FDR Chic" and "British Invasion Mod" really sets her apart from a slew of other TV designing/decorating/styling persona. Instead of fluffing her way through terms that mean nothing or overly used terms like feel or atmosphere, Emily made her own styles out of a real-life client's tastes and desires. What a feat. Her combination of vintage and modern really educates everyone, from professionals to amateurs, on the value of things, both old and new.

From sporting the fake glasses during the "Style Diagnostic" to arranging her "Mood Board" in a quaint outdoor setting, I think it's safe to say Emily Henderson has captured some hearts....and, from the looks of it, quite the audience...as she has been signed for 26 episodes! Get. It. Girl.

And lets face it, who wasn't OBSESSED with her use of those vintage goose neck lamps.
Hi. I'll take 2.


For more Emily Henderson tips and quirkiness, follow her blog here!

photos from HGTV.com

No comments:

Post a Comment