Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mardi Gras Highlights.

Welp. I have returned from celebrating a little Mardi Gras action in New Orleans. While I was not there for the actual Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday in English, I did get in on the celebrating, parading, costuming and general merriment that is the city of New Orleans...

Rather than gather all my thoughts at this very moment, I will simply leave you with some highlight images from the weekend. I. Love. This. City.

My sister lives in a perfectly located shot-gun style home, oozing with charisma and that amazing New Orleans feel...oh and Jack, the pup.

This lil Hacienda was on a street with wonderfully colored shot-gun houses parading down the block. This particular one has a lil Hispanic/Texan flair...puts me right at home...

I like color and artistic flair in almost every other aspect of my life...why not your car too, I guess?

This building looks like a painting. Looking to be worn from the start and screams New Orleans to me.

We toured Mardi Gras World where the Blaine Kern Studios make the magic of the 54 annual parades happen! From design to carpentry to artists to "krewes" of riders and bead throwers. We saw so many floats queued up and ready for their debut and saw them parading the NEXT day!

An artist hard at work painting a prop for a float to parade in the next couple days! Most of these artists simply answered adds in newspapers to get where they are. So. Awesome.

The seemingly empty artist's studio that I claimed as my own for when I get a fun new job as a float designer and artist. Clearly.



Dressed (in hats and face paint by yours-truly) and ready for a night out to celebrate this fun tradition and city!

Look forward to more fun details on the amazing artistry behind Mardi Gras in the next issue of BLEEP Magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment